Friday, April 20, 2012














POST 2: MAYUMANA SHOW

I’m not going to write about a concert, singer or a band because I have the opportunity to see an original and spectacular show called Mayumana. I went last Wednesday with two friends at the theater “Nescafé de las Artes” located in Manuel Montt, Providencia.   Maybe someone had heard about this show because I think is the second time they came to Chile. Mayumana is a dance troupe from Israel that uses a combination of rhythm and percussion, music and  visual effects  through body movements, acting, singing, jumping, and of course, dancing. 
I love their show because they express creativity through an innovative and contemporary dancing style accompanied with stenography and modern costumes.  One of the things that surprised me was the music that they do music with recycled instruments (like wooden crates or buckets of paint) and create sounds by using glasses and buckets with water.  Finally I can say that was great enjoy this show with my friends and learn something about culture. 

Link of video about Mayumana show: http://vimeo.com/9779740

No comments:

Post a Comment