Monday, September 24, 2012

National celebration

I’m not chilean but I celebrate Fiestas Patrias. I think is great because the celebration is in spring so available you to do outdoors activities. The first years I have been living in Chile, I’m surprised for the two free days to celebrate the independence of the country! Well, this year, I’ve the most traditional 18. I really appreciate customs so I’m open-mind to learn a lot! The last Sunday, we traveled with my family to Olmué about two hours. Olmué is a valley near Santiago surrounded of mountains very green with tall trees and pure air. Is amazing, I’ve never went before. Really, I love this place and I would like visit again with friends and my boyfriend. One of the many beautiful things is has, is a huge hill called “Bell’s hill”. One morning we went with my father and brother trekking around national park “The bell”. We walked two hours enjoying the nature of the rainforest. This is the place I want to come back because it has a great camping. If you stay there, you can go trekking to the summit of the Bell’s Hill. The first two days my father cooked barbecue while I was learning to dance Cueca. My father’s girlfriend is Chilean so she taught us because we don’t know how to dance! It was funny; an Argentinean family dancing Cueca. Then, my father danced with his girlfriend in a Fonda! During the day, we visited the town and we went through the handcraft market. Also we enjoyed swimming pool of the residential complex. I spend my free time reading and sharing with my family. I recommend you to visit Olmué!

No comments:

Post a Comment